'PORTUGUESE' DINGHY

'PORTUGUESE' DINGHY
My first build (2007) - designed by Hannu Vartiaala (Hannu's Boatyard)

Tuesday 14 January 2014

More Work on the Frame

Holidays over, back at work - I've had some time to make some progress over the last couple of weekends.

Last weekend, I got the trunking that houses both the daggerboard and mast wells assembled:


 (there are 19 separate components in this assembly - I used nearly that many clamps)

This is the key assembly of the whole frame and includes the bow stringer. Assembly was a three stage process needing patience as I waited for the epoxy to go off before being able to move on to the next stage.

Here's the result:



This weekend, I moved on to bulkheads A and B.

Bulkhead A is in 2 parts:



and needed some careful dry assembly and pre-setting of supporting cleats to ensure that the alignment was correct:





I then moved on to bulkhead B, which is the main load bearing cross-boat structure in the boat and forms the forward wall of the cockpit/well:



So that's the forward half of the frame complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment